Wednesday 12 February 2014

Cadburys Creme Egg Brownies

I found this recipe after someone shared it on Facebook, and I knew straight away that I would be trying this recipe out. You can find the recipe here.

With this recipe, luckily I had most of the ingredient already. Only needing to buy the Creme eggs and cooking chocolate. You may have heard me talk before about money saving, on this occasion I was able to get both items from Aldi, which made them quite a bit cheaper than me having to go to a different supermarket.






I put the creme eggs in the freezer for about 10 minutes, while I was making the brownie mixture. I had seen people commenting that the eggs melted during cooking. Once the mixture was made, I poured it in the prepared baking trays, and then pushed the creme eggs down into the mixture, and in to the oven they went. I was nervously checking them as they cooked, and the eggs held their shape, much to my relief.
Once out of the oven, I allowed them to cool before I made the white icing for them. Before I put the icing on the top I marked wear the eggs where, so I knew where to cut once all the icing and chocolate topping had been added to the top of the brownies.
Once it had all set, them came the moment of truth, cutting the brownies. My marking had worked so each brownie contained half an egg and the eggs had held there shape. The white and yolk in the eggs had melted a bit and reset, but on the whole I was pretty pleased.

I discovered that leaving them out at room temperature to go a bit gooey before eating was a must and they were very good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment